Tips for Better Page Optimisation
Category : search engine optimisation
Keyword research and placement continue to be hugely important in ranking success. But web writing that is engaging and search engine friendly isn’t always easy.
Google and other search engines are becoming more sophisticated in their indexing content and there are a number of simple steps we can take when creating optimised content that is SEO friendly:
- Keyword research – everything begins with good keyword research. Know what terms you are targeting and their popularity. Connect your content with the keywords people type into a search engine.
- Research related topics and themes – examine the keywords related to the main target keyword. Use these related keyword phrases to build content around your main theme.
- Answer questions with your content – good content answers questions. As you structure your content around topics and themes, try asking and answering questions to provide a user experience better than the competition.
- Use natural language – during your keyword research identify other ways visitors refer to your topic, and include these in your content.
- Structure your content – headers, paragraphs, lists, and tables all provide structure to content so that search engines understand your topic. A clear webpage contains structure similar to a good article or academic paper. Use concise introductions and conclusions, organise topics into paragraphs with good spelling and grammar
We don’t need a computer to make our content better or easier to understand. If we write content that is engaging for humans it will go a long way in being optimised for search engines.