For most businesses a website needs to be attractive, functional, provide information quickly and be easy to use. This is the essence of accessible website design - enjoying the experience of navigating your way around a website without getting lost or waiting an age for an irrelevant flashy image to load. There are plenty of excellent examples of good accessible website design - the BBC website being one of the best.
Designing for accessibility brings benefits to all web users.
Advantages of accessible web design
- fast loading - most pages will be loaded within 7 seconds
- straightforward navigation - you find the information quickly in a logical way
- layout - information is clearly presented in a logical way
- stable - accessible web designs are less likely to crash and don't use extra plug-ins
- easily found - search engines like accessible web designs as they can scan them quickly and if properly designed will achieve a high ranking
If you would like to talk to us about designing your website call us on 01983 756661